Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Since 2005 CCP encouraged more than 500 professionals and volunteers working in different civil society sectors. The CrossCulture Programme is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office and implemented by ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen).
As part of the programme, fellowship holders complete an eight to twelve week internship in Germany. Eligible candidates are expected to demonstrate their long-term commitment in a civil society or other relevant organization in the following fields of work:
• Politics & society
• Human rights & peace building
• Sustainable development
• Media & culture
Professional fellowships are awarded for a period of eight to twelve weeks in the following terms:
Spring term; April to June 2019
Summer term; July to September 2019
Autumn term; October to December 2019
For further information about the CrossCulture Programme and the application process, please visit the following website: http://www.crosscultureprogramm.de
Requirements for the participation in the CrossCulture Programme
- Aged between 23 and 45 years at the time of application.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- A minimum of two years work experience or voluntary engagement in a civil society Organisation in the country of residence
- Physical constitution for a long-term stay abroad
- Long-term voluntary social or societal commitment in the country of residence.
- Previous professional experience in the field of activity.
- Planned or existing cooperation with an organisation in Germany
- German language skills
Benefits offered for selected participants
- a monthly grant in sum of 550 Euro
- accommodation in Germany
- health insurance policy
- travel expenses incl. visa fees
- public transportation expenses in the destination city
The application for the CrossCulture Programme must be submitted online via the application portal.
Please prepare the following documents for your application beforehand
- Letter of Motivation
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
- Portrait photograph
The blank forms for the letter of motivation and the letter of recommendation can be found online on http://www.crosscultureprogramm.de
Supporting documents (copies of degrees / diplomas, proof of experience etc.) might be requested at a later stage of the selection procedure. Please make sure to have all documents ready before starting the application process. The application portal does not allow to save incomplete applications and / or resume at a later time. Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
The deadline for applications is 21 December 2018.
The selection of suitable candidates will be accomplished by ifa in consultation with the German Foreign Mission in the country of residence. Pre-selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview at the German Embassy in Cairo in February 2019. The final selection of CrossCulture fellowship holders will be accomplished in close cooperation with the German Embassy in Cairo. The results will be communicated until the end of March 2019.
(There is no recourse to legal action.)